To initiate a request for GRADS funding:
- Describe the program(s) and GRADS components you envision for your community. Such as: Teen Parent Intervention,
Child Care Center, Youth Development, GRADS Dads Support Group
- If you represent a community agency that wishes to partner with an existing GRADS site, please identify the
- A local "Champion" for new component(s): Name, address, e-mail & phone.
- The probable fiscal agent:School district, county, private contractor, etc.
- School personnel and/or community stake-holders: Entities such as the DOH, public health nurse,
WIC, Families FIRST, Income Support, etc. (These partners would logically comprise a future GRADS Advisory Committee for your program.)
- What is the local teen pregnancy and birth rate data pertaining to your county and how is this impacting school drop-out rates?
- Describe how pregnancy related drop-outs and/or teen parent "needs" are presently being addressed
in your local school EPSS Plan. (This could generate additional funding for the school).
- Identify the anticipated enrollment at targeted school(s).
- Include a desired date and time for a conference and/or a school board or other appropriate community
Download the Community Assessment here